Olympic medallist Spencer Wilton has been working with Fairfax for more than two years to refine and perfect this model that is stamped with his personal touch. It features a new tree design that offers a roomier seat, plus a unique concealed, moveable knee block.
The Spencer Monoflap benefits from all the features common to every saddle in the Performance range (see design details below), plus the following performance-enhancing details:
- The seat is more ‘forward’ in order to precisely align the rider more ‘in’ over the horse’s centre of balance.
- A unique knee block is hidden in the monoflap design. The position can be adjusted to give the rider incredible flexibility of support. (See Concealed Block below).
- The 17½" and 18" saddles come with a choice of two block sizes. This choice, combined with the adjustable position, gives the rider even more flexible support options. (See Concealed Block below).
- The seat is wider and more ‘open’ than the Gareth model. This will suit riders who prefer more room in the seat, or those who like a more relaxed dressage position.
- The design and placement of the billets gives the saddle fitter two adjustment options to fine-tune the fit to the horse’s shape and movement.
- Contrast stitching on the flaps and skirt.
This saddle was designed and tested using pressure mapping and gait analysis.